However, the Vice President said he had condemned the attacks both at the National Security Council and the Federal Executive Council, FEC.
Vice President Yemi Osibanjo disclosed this at Internally Displaced Camps (IDPs) in Abagena, near Makurdi Benue state.
Prof Osinbajo told the IDPs in camps in Abagana and Daudu that, "I am here as representative of the President who was here in March and had asked that a study be done on the situation".
According to his spokesperson, Laolu Akande, in a series of tweets, the Vice President took with him "a message of hope and restoration".
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved a total of N10 billion for rebuilding villages and communities including farmlands that were attacked in Benue and other affected States.
VP Osinbajo further said that the president had already made available N10billion to rebuild all the destroyed property in all the areas that were affected by the crisis.
The Vice President assured the IDPs that government would not renege on its responsibility of providing security to them. All your sufferings us only the beginning of good things to come in your lives. Tje Bile says weeping may endure for night but joy comes in the morning. The morning has come and joy has come for you.
He encouraged the people of the state to organize themselves to benefit from the micro credits for women and artisans as well as the Anchor-Borrowers program of the Federal Government.
The Vice President is in Benue to assess the condition of the state following incessant attacks by suspected herdsmen.
Earlier, the Secretary of the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA), Emmanuel Shior, said a total of 175, 070, people comprising of 80, 450 children were inhabiting eight camps across the state while efforts were on to determine the number of those taking shelter in places other than approved camps.
Osinbajo said that the returns of the displaced persons back to their ancestral homes will be done immediately.
- Evansville Man Goes on Neighborhood Shooting Spree, Killing One
- Parametrica Management Ltd Purchase $395000 Holding in Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ)
- Unemployment rate climbs to 5.6 per cent in April
- Investor's Watch List: Hovnanian Enterprises Inc (HOV)
- Is NIKE, Inc. (NYSE:NKE) a Long Term Growth Play?
- National Weather Service: 2 tornadoes touched down in CT
- Black Man Convicted of Murder at 14 Has Charges Against Him Dismissed
- Hedman, Lightning beat Caps to cut East final deficit to 2-1
- Budget 2018: Better lives for children a focus of Budget 2018
- Notley to push ahead with bill cutting off oil to BC