The game covers a wide range of topics about cyberpunk life from the ground floor.
As you might have guessed from the title the game revolves around Jill, a bartender a VA-11 HALL-A, and by serving drinks to characters you progress the story, with each drink impacting the tale in a different way. In fact, the prototype is still available on developer Sukeban Games' website.
Based in Venezuela, Sukeban Games is a team of three people aiming to push the narrative limits of what video games are expected to deliver. While Sukeban Games reports that they have sold over 200,000 copies of the game on PC and PlayStation Vita, the game (which now boasts a ideal score on Steam) will certainly broaden its audience with the help of these additional platforms.
VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action is now available on Steam and PS Vita for $14.99 United States dollars and supports English, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese.
The premise of VA-11 HALL-A is pretty simple: It's a mix of a point-and-click adventure and visual novel.
The game centers around a snarky, emo, lesbian bartender named Jill... because obviously these days you can't have a game without an SJW-approved sassy-mouthed lesbian in it somewhere. Each drink can produce a different conversation with a bar patron, revealing more about the world. It's interesting to see a game's story be told in such a nonlinear way.
There are 24 drinks to concoct and no one correct drink to serve in any situation, with characters impacted by whatever cocktail you choose to pour them.
Watch the announcement trailer below to see what the cyberpunk indie game is all about.
- Yeddyurappa Stakes Claim to Form BJP Govt in Karnataka
- San Francisco nurses demonstrate at hospital renamed after Mark Zuckerberg
- Diamondbacks star Pollock facing two months out with fractured thumb
- Adomah confident about Aston Villa Premier League promotion ahead of Fulham decider
- Obese? Have higher risk of turning smoker!
- Mayawati Behind Hurriedly Stitched Alliance of Congress, JD-S in Karnataka
- Palestinian ambassador to United States recalled
- Cleveland Browns, Baker Mayfield to be featured on HBO's 'Hard Knocks'
- BCCI vs Lodha Committee: Five-man selection panel to return?
- United States stocks close higher on strong earnings