Adams responded and the patient eventually regained consciousness, but Adams determined the passenger needed to go to a local hospital and the plane returned to the gate.
A Department of Health and Human Services spokeswoman confirmed the tweet came from Adams. He and the two nurses escorted the passenger to the gate, where medical staff were waiting.
Dr. Jerome Adams says he gave assistance to someone on a Delta Air Lines jet headed Wednesday to Jackson, Mississippi.
Among the expressions of congratulatory appreciation for the doctor was Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant. Fellow Twitter users also flooded his tweet with positive comments, saying he was in the right place at the right time.
He added, "Patient doing well and like a good #USPHS officer, I was glad to be able to assist!"
Adams is in Jackson to tour the Harbor House to and hear directly from health care professionals who are working to combat the opioid epidemic. How about the surgeon general of the United States? He took office on September 5.
- Deadpool 2: what did you think?
- Virtusa (VRTU) Releases Q1 Earnings Guidance
- Russian Federation says concerned over 'dangerous escalation' in Gaza
- Federal Agency Investigates Tesla Crash; Driver Says Car Was On Autopilot
- Ayew Brother's Swansea City Relegated To English Championship
- Kirstjen Nielsen Denies She Threatened To Resign After Trump Scolding
- International Game Technology PLC
- Hamas Restored Calm to Gaza after Warnings from Egypt — Israeli Intelligence Minister
- Square's Dorsey is sure of cryptocurrency's future, just not sure which one
- Feces-flinging woman attacks Langley Tim Hortons staff