The Detroit Tigers find themselves with a chance to get to first place in the AL Central when they host the Cleveland Indians this afternoon at 1:10PM ET.
But Greene regrouped and got the unsafe Michael Brantley to ground out to end the game.
It was 8-6 at that point and manager Terry Francona summoned Miller, who had recently come off the disabled list.
Duffy had a pair of RBI singles, driving home C.J. Cron in the first inning and bringing home Adeiny Hechavarria for the go-ahead run in the sixth inning. He has pitched 3.2 innings over two appearances and has given up three earned runs, two home runs and two walks with four strikeouts.
Jones led off the bottom of the inning with his third homer, the 14th hit off Josh Tomlin this season, but Erik Gonzalez made it 5-1 with a home run in the second.
"The biggest problem is that you never know what he's going to throw", Detroit catcher Grayson Greiner said. Jose Ramirez continued his solid start as he hit his 13th homer of the year in the game, while Greg Allen had three of the seven hits for the Tribe in the game.
Davis, though, hit a two-run double off Reininger in the sixth to give Cleveland a 7-3 lead, and he scored on Ramirez's double off Hicks' glove at first.
Stumpf rallied. He struck out Brendan Guyer and got Jason Kipnis to bounce into a 4-6-3 double play.
Brantley hit a solo homer in the fifth.
White Sox starter Reynaldo Lopez allowed six runs in just two-plus innings of work in a loss to the Pirates. The team described his injury as a contusion.
Tigers: Candelario (left wrist tendinitis) went on the DL before the game, and Castellanos (injured finger on left hand) was out of the lineup as well. Here's what we're still trying to figure out as the team heads into its second leg.
Bauer had at least two walks in each of his previous eight starts this year. He had none May 16. Detroit doesn't have much on the mound today in Carpenter, so I think Cleveland will be able to have some early success at the plate and pick up a needed win.
Detroit recalled Carpenter and RHP Artie Lewicki from Triple-A Toledo before the game.
Indians Encarnacion was out because of back spasms.
Rays 2, Royals 1: Matt Duffy provided the offense, and Ryan Yarbrough, with support from the bullpen, delivered on the mound as Tampa Bay opened a three-game series with a win at Kansas City.
For the visitors, Cleveland's pitching staff allowed 4.5 runs per game and its starters own a 3.52 ERA, 1.09 WHIP and 8.22 K/9.
Detroit games have an over/under record of 18-21-1 so far in 2018.
- United Kingdom cuts top stake on gambling machines to £2
- Yanks-Nats series postponed by rain; 2 games set for June 18
- General Mills (GIS) Holdings Raised by Morgan Dempsey Capital Management LLC
- Phogat sisters dropped from national camp for 'indiscipline'
- Singing the blues: Study of pop music finds rise in sadness
- Action 'Doom Patrol' Series In The Works At DC Streaming Service
- Klopp welcomes Liverpool's 'crazy ride' to Champions League final
- OnePlus 'Bullets Wireless' headphones with fast charging, Google Assistant support launched
- Justin Verlander Gets 2500th Career Strikeout Against Shohei Ohtani
- Analytical Preview of Southwestern Energy Company (SWN)