Idaho consistently ranks among the states with the highest death rates from melanoma, the most common form of skin cancer.
Writing about what you should look for in a sunscreen, Australian consumer organisation Choice said that there are several things to check the label for.
Think beyond the beach and pool - use sunscreen whenever you go outdoors for a significant amount of time, such as to the park, a lunchtime walk to the shops, playing sports or gardening.
When it comes to sunscreen, by now we all know that you need to look for a broad spectrum high SPF product that will protect you from both UVA and UVB rays.
"Lenses with no UV protection can damage eyes, while people can suffer sunburn or skin irritations by using sunscreen that's ineffective with no way knowing what's in it. Price is usually an indicator as to whether an item is genuine - if it is too good to be true then it probably is".
In case you've been hiding under a large parasol the past few days, let me fill you in: this week is Sun Awareness Week, an annual campaign organised by the British Association of Dermatologists to highlight the need to be safe in the sun. The minute you get into the water or start to sweat, the sunscreen starts to come off.
"Most of us don't apply sunscreen as much as the studies done on the sunscreen indicate that we should", he said.
Portela suggests applying sunscreen for about 20 minutes before going outside in the sun.It gives sunscreen time to sit on the skin.
Re-apply at least once every two hours and after swimming or exercise. "For an adult, they tell us that a shot glass full of sunscreen would cover the whole body". A survey by the organisation has identified that "more than 1 in 3 (35%) of Brits have been sunburnt in the a year ago while in the United Kingdom and of those 28% were sunburnt three or more times".
But with so many crowding out the market, it can be hard to know which sun cream is the best for your budget and your skin.
On Thursday, May 24 from 9 a.m.to 11 a.m. Saltzer Medical Group will be holding a "Healthy Skin Check" event. That will be located at 215 E. Hawaii Avenue in Nampa.
- Walmart's United States e-commerce growth rebounds in Q1
- Sheriff: Ex-husband kills 5, injures 1 in North Texas home shooting
- Lookout for Price Target? Oasis Petroleum Inc. (OAS), Sears Holdings Corporation (SHLD)
- Jean Todt tips Ferrari to drop Formula 1 quit threat
- Ford Sync 3 gets support for Waze
- Another transgender woman is murder in Dallas
- Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul exchange jerseys
- Caesars Windsor and union reach tentative deal overnight
- Moto G6 Launched in China as "Moto 1S" Phone; Price $235
- Just How Positive is Macquarie on TripAdvisor (NASDAQ:TRIP) Following Their Upgrade?