In the final part of the book and film trilogy, The Return of the King (the title itself is a spoiler!), Aragorn at last returned to Gondor and led the armies of Men to defeat Sauron and usher in a new era of peace.
The One Ring has been a reliable source of Tolkien-related movie news since back in the days of the Peter Jackson trilogy, so while Amazon has yet to officially confirm the series' premise, the claim - reportedly confirmed by multiple sources - is worth quite a bit of consideration. The report goes on to say that the show will not be a retread of the events of the War of the Ring, and will be focused on the events found within the Appendices, which gives a wealth of material for the TV show to explore.
TheOneRing.net is reporting that a younger Aragorn will be the subject of the new series, which will reportedly be a prequel to The Lord of the Rings.
It's thought that his story will be what makes up the first season of the show, and there's plenty of room for a dramatic story arc, with Aragorn unaware of his regal lineage as a young man, and leading the intrepid Dúnedain, the noble rangers who protected the north from the ringwraiths, and their leader the Witch-king of Angmar. Previous reports confirmed that the show will have at least five seasons-hence the billion dollar price tag-which, as Slashfilm notes, seems to indicate that it could be taking an anthology-style approach to exploring the rich fantasy world of J.R.R. Tolkien. In a long twitter thread, the site's authors laid out the possibilities for a series based around the early days of the Ranger, with a wide set of avenues the story could take.
What do you think of this news?
The studio is throwing a staggering amount of resources behind the series, which will be aiming to pick up the audience left bereft when Game of Thrones winds up next year. Who should play Young Aragorn?
- Ed Curnow suspended after AFL appeal upheld, brother Charlie free to play
- China launches rocket developed by private company
- CVS Health (NYSE:CVS) Position Trimmed by Haverford Financial Services Inc
- Saudi Arabia ready to increase oil production if sanctions against Iran
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 Box Art Leaks Ahead Of Reveal
- US Senate Votes To Halt FCC's Net Neutrality Decision
- Hyundai Kona N with 247-hp might happen
- Crude oil WTI can break above 72.00 handle on Venezuela
- Woman held over murder of Nigerian attaché in Sudan
- Meghan Markle's Dad Thomas Markle Is Alert and Out of Surgery