Billionaire tech entrepreneur Elon Musk will discuss his plans for one of his most prominent side projects, the tunnel-digging Boring Company, during a Thursday night event in Los Angeles.
The Brentwood Residents Coalition and the Sunset Coalition are suing Los Angeles, claiming that the tunnel is really part of a planned transit system and should therefore the city should not have granted it exemption from standard environmental reviews.
In a series of tweets on Wednesday, Elon Musk confirmed that The Boring Company's upcoming information session in Los Angeles, CA on Thursday would be livestreamed online.
The company's website says that its "fast to dig, low cost tunnels would also make Hyperloop adoption viable and enable rapid transit across densely populated regions, enabling travel from NY to Washington D.C.in less than 30 minutes". Responding to one of his Twitter followers, Musk confirmed with a simple "Yes". The first rides in the Boring Company tunnel will be free.
In a recent Instagram post, Musk revealed that a Boring Company tunnel is almost complete, and once final regulatory approvals are completed, the tunneling startup would begin offering free rides to the public.
In March, Musk also said going forward, The Boring Company's projects will prioritize transporting pedestrians and cyclists over cars.
Last December, The Boring Company filed for a tax exclusion to the California Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority. This video shows the current state of the first Boring tunnel.
Musk tweeted about hyperloop along with a link to SpaceX president and COO Gwynn Shotwell's recent TED Talk. If the Boring company already drilled all of it is not clear.
Two heads might be better than one, but what about two futuristic transportation technologies?
There will be an update on the plans of the Boring Company and Musk and his teams take questions.
The system operates similarly to an aircraft with point-to-point travel on earth, but it goes through space at a significantly higher speed (27,000 km/h), which drastically reduces flight time.
- See the Xbox Adaptive Controller in Action
- SLAYED BY SAUSAGE DOGS: Dachshunds maul woman to death
- Watch JD Martinez Blast 12th Home Run In First Inning Vs. Athletics
- Backstreet Boys Talk Heartbreak & First New Music in 5 Years
- Colgate-Palmolive (CL) SVP John J. Huston Sells 16079 Shares
- DJ Khaled is the top nominee for the BET Awards with 6
- Maurizio Sarri in talks over new Napoli deal
- Judge Rules in Favor of Oakland Coal Project
- Stab victim runs into Perth primary school for help
- Global 3D Printing Software Market Analysis 2018 Rhinoceros, 3DS, Max, FreeCAD