ICC's incumbent chairman Shashank Manohar has been re-elected for a second term, after being the only nominee in the election for the post.
Manohar, 60, will continue for a second two-year term after being re-elected unopposed.
With the latest SWOT analysis suggesting a growth for cricket in general as a global sport is not possible with ICC's current dependence on BCCI, a rather perplexed scenario of sustenance vs growth arises which the apex body simply seems to have no answer to.
Manohar's first term will end with the ICC's Annual Conference, in Dublin, from June 27 to July 3.
This paper has learnt that Clarke even failed to garner support from his home board-England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) - as the board directors saw Manohar providing more stability in the days to come.
However, given that Manohar was the sole nominee for the position, the independent audit committee chairman, Edward Quinlan, who has been overseeing the election process, declared it complete, and Manohar the successful candidate.
The ICC is expected to meet BCCI's office-bearers and Supreme Court-appointed in New Delhi on Thursday to discuss the future of the game.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) listed over-reliance on Indian money among its weaknesses in a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) analysis done by a Strategy Working Group that comprised Rahul Johri, BCCI CEO, David Peever (as Chair), Imran Khwaja, Dave Cameron, Clare Connor and Patricia Kambarami, in conjunction with ICC CEO Dave Richardson, according to a report in Indian Express. Among the many significant reforms by him during his tenure was the appointment of ICC's first independent female Director Indira Nooyi. "The sport is in good health but we are the guardians of the game and we must continue to work hard to maintain that", Manohar said. In case of a tie, the casting vote would have been exercised by Singapore's Imran Khawaja, the deputy chairman and one of the three directors representing the Associates.
- Colonel martyred, three terrorists killed in Balochistan operation
- Obese? Have higher risk of turning smoker!
- Nissan launches Energy Solar service and products
- European Union takes 6 member states to court over air quality
- Pit Bulls Kill Elderly Woman In Mississippi
- Lionel Messi arrives in the country
- Ravi Teja Nela Ticket Movie Official Trailer Out
- 'SNL' Cast Member Claims Trump Faked A Bizarre Phone Call During Rehearsals
- Today May 16 Vanguard Mid-Cap ETF (VO) Increases 0.26%
- Cleveland Browns, Baker Mayfield to be featured on HBO's 'Hard Knocks'