For now, it's hard to figure out if this photo is a promotional image for a new Xbox One controller or just a concept art to play around with the design.
The idea here is to create a controller for people with disabilities so that they can enjoy any game on their console without running into physical problems with trying to navigate their way around a regular gamepad. "Our goal was to make the device as adaptable as possible, so gamers can create a setup that works for them in a way that is plug-and-play, extensible, and affordable", Spencer said.
MicrosoftXbox One controller have remained practically unchanged over the years, except for special edition designs like this one for "Sea of Thieves", for a title exclusive for the Xbox from Rare.
The controller has two big buttons built in that can be reprogrammed to work as any of the inputs on a standard controller using the Xbox Accessories app. As suspected, it has remappable buttons and a series of 3.5mm jacks that will support a range of accessible controller options. These inputs include PDP's One-Handed Joystick for the Xbox Adaptive Controller, Logitech's Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, and Quadstick's Game Controller. "More recommended partner devices can be found here".
The Xbox Adaptive Controller will release later this year at $100.
Twitter users who pressed h0x0d for details, on whether the image represents a new Xbox, or even something related to Microsoft's new Mixed Reality or Cloud Gaming projects, finally elicited a reply. "We're thrilled to introduce it to the world today, tell the story behind it, and take what we have learned on our journey to inform future initiatives in inclusive design".
The Xbox Adaptive Controller will be sold exclusively through the Microsoft Store.
We'll likely have to wait until E3 2018 to see if the controller is officially announced.
Some features reportedly being added to the new controller were based on feedback from users, particularly those that are looking for controllers that are more customizable.
- Casey up for National Basketball Association top coach honours, VanVleet sixth man nominee
- NCLT admits petition by Ericsson against RCom
- Concho Resources Inc Stock in 2017 Q4 Driven by Institutional Investors
- Devon Energy Corporation (DVN) has analyst mean rating score of 2.00
- Bumble Bee CEO charged with price-fixing
- Sell-Side Sees Upside & Positive Growth in NVIDIA Corporation (NASDAQ:NVDA)
- ARENA provides funding to seed 'solar gardens' for apartment dwellers, renters
- ABC Promotes 'Roseanne' and Product Placement Before Ad Buyers
- Microsoft (MSFT) Received a $117.00 Target Price by Goldman Sachs Analysts
- Harry Styles is making a sitcom about his life in One Direction