Over the past few years, Twitch has run more than a dozen similar marathons, including for "Mystery Science Theater 3000", "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood", "Power Rangers", and - in an especially eccentric choice - Julia Child's "The French Chef" cooking show.
They'll screen back-to-back for 48 hours from May 17, kicking off at 6 p.m. ET. on. But, come nightfall, be sure to watch SNL for the final episode of season 43. "Join tons of fans in chat to relive SNL classics like the Spartan cheerleader tryouts, Bill Clinton's trip to McDonald's, and Adam Sandler's unforgettable tune, 'Lunch Lady Land.' You may even see a clip or two with Drake from before Ninja made him famous". You can also sign up through Facebook.
This week's episode - the season finale - marks Fey's sixth go-round as guest host, great timing as her Mean Girls Broadway musical is up for a slew of Tony Awards, including a nomination for Fey herself (best book of a musical).
We're told that not only is the hip-hop star excited about more people being able to attend now, but that Highline is a "safer and bigger" venue, as opposed to the gentleman's club.
Nicki Minaj was reportedly set to host a party after her upcoming "Saturday Night Live" performance at Scores night club in NYC.
Twitch is staging the "SNL" marathon as part of its strategy to broaden its content purview live video-game broadcasts - and leverage its base of millions of users to engage in social viewing of non-video-game programming. Twitch creators will be able to co-stream the marathon as well if interested, so they'll be able to inject their own commentary for their audiences. The Saturday Night Live season 43 finale airs Saturday at 11:30 p.m. ET/8:30 p.m. PT on NBC.
- Hedman, Lightning beat Caps to cut East final deficit to 2-1
- Big Update On The WWE RAW & SmackDown TV Deals
- Cleanup Under Way After Deadly NY Storm
- Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell, Quin Snyder all up for National Basketball Association awards
- Governor Ivey sexuality in questioned by former Alabama Legislator
- There's a new Project CARS but it's for mobile devices
- Madrid's Direct Rule Over Catalan Gov't Must End
- Families of Waffle House shooting victims meet with hero James Shaw Jr
- Pompeo seeking 'strong cooperation' with Europeans on Iran
- Notley to push ahead with bill cutting off oil to BC