The OLT extends over a route of 27km covering a total of 26 stations ranging from Dera Gujjran (Raiwind Road) to Ali Town (GT Road).
Chief Minister of Punjab (CM) Shehbaz Sharif is all set to inaugurate the test run of Orange Line Train from Dera Gujran to Lakshmi Chowk today (Wednesday).
The 11km test run, from Dera Gujran to Lakshmi Chowk, was free of cost for travellers.
The CM Punjab, while addressing a gathering after the inauguration, said work on the project would be complete in three months.
Apart from this, a group of people placed agitation and dharnas against this project, and unfortunately, they were those who themselves belonged to an elite class, and do not realize the transport issues of a common person that now will be very much resolved with this great project. Great significance of this project is that it will bridge the gap between elite and the poor, and the main beneficiares of this facility would be students, teachers, doctors, women and old people.
In May 2014, Punjab government had signed a project with Chairman of the Chinese National Development Reforms Commission regarding construction of an Orange Line Train in Lahore so that the metropolis will depict a melange of the traditional and the modern. Out of it, 25.4 kilometers of the track was elevated while 1.72 kilometers had been constructed beneath the ground to protect historical places.
Initially, the project will facilitate 0.25 million people daily, whereas by 2025, it is expected to facilitate 0.5m people every day. The fact that such a huge amount has been dedicated to this project shows the interest of the Punjab government in the completion of this project.
"Once completed, you and I will travel in this Orange Train". Each bogie is 20 metres long. 200 passengers can travel in each bogie and public address system has also been installed for the convenience of the passengers. Installation of electric accelerators is in full swing as well, the officials informed.
- Ultrasound Abortion Bill Vetoed By Governor Mark Dayton
- Apple Pay now supports Monzo to help you spend with your iPhone
- CVS Health (NYSE:CVS) Position Trimmed by Haverford Financial Services Inc
- The Lord Of The Rings TV Show Could Feature A Young Aragorn
- Buys Shares of 8040 Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ)
- Woman held over murder of Nigerian attaché in Sudan
- Man critical after two men stabbed in Dublin
- Youtube will start crediting musicians properly in their videos
- Enbridge Energy Management (EEQ) Earns Daily Media Impact Score of 0.22
- Crude oil WTI can break above 72.00 handle on Venezuela