Although the newly unveiled OnePlus 6 is only slated to go on sale next week, professional smartphone torturer Zach Nelson from the popular YouTube channel JerryRigEverything managed to quickly get his hands on a beautifully reflective Mirror Black unit. These come in the form of scratch, burn, and bend tests.
The OnePlus 6 display sees scratches at level 6 on the Mohs hardness scale, with deeper grooves appearing at level 7 - an outcome we typically see on modern flagships - while the phone's fingerprint scanner is virtually scratch-proof, with host Zack's knife causing no visible damage. Now, the OnePlus 6 comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on the front and the back, which is tough. This is unlike the last year's OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T that both had a glass covering only at the front. The new model is also touted to offer "daily water resistance", though the company hasn't revealed any IP rating to support its claim. Zack notes a thin plastic layer between the glass and metal that should aid with durability when the phone is dropped.
The product also has a vertical double chamber, which is placed in the center of the rear panel. Similar is the case of the glass protection available on top of the dual rear camera setup. The frame of the phone along with the buttons are made out of metal. The OnePlus 6's AMOLED panel survives about 20 seconds of the flame before being permanently marred, which isn't unexpected. Despite a rather surprising amount of flex, there were zero cracks or kinks. "The metal frame is still intact and the glass remains unshadowed".
The Chinese OEM certainly had confidence in its first ever glass-backed design, and Zach's self-proclaimed "semi-scientific review with razor blades" rewarded that trust.
- Pioneer Energy Services Corp (PES) Climbs 12.22% For the Week
- National Home Builder Confidence Index Climbs to 70 in May
- Robbery suspect assaulted West Hartford officer
- Late passenger tries to break into plane, gets arrested at airport
- Ford Everest also gets new look and engine
- Just How Positive is Macquarie on TripAdvisor (NASDAQ:TRIP) Following Their Upgrade?
- Egypt Admonishes Hamas Leader Over Gaza Riots
- United Kingdom digital technology sector still outpacing the rest of the economy
- PS4 Firmware Update Version 5.55 Is Live
- Another transgender woman is murder in Dallas