Tuesday, 21 August 2018
Latest news
Main » 'NCIS: New Orleans' showrunner to leave show after sex harassment allegations

'NCIS: New Orleans' showrunner to leave show after sex harassment allegations

17 May 2018

Brad Kern is exiting his role as executive producer/showrunner of NCIS: New Orleans.

Kern, who has been the show's executive producer since season 2, was accused in December of making inappropriate comments about women on staff, mothers, and African-Americans. An unnamed CBS source says that Kern will still be involved in some capacity, though it's unclear what.

Despite the claims against him, Kern continued working on the show. CBS stated that investigators did discover proof of "insensitive" and "offensive" feedback, however none of any harassment or discrimination.

In a statement to Variety past year, a CBS spokesperson said, "We were aware of these allegations when they took place in 2016, and took them very seriously". The company communicated to staffers that "appropriate" action had been taken, and that Kern had undergone sensitivity training. "Each complaints have been acted upon instantly with investigations and subsequent disciplinary motion. Whereas we weren't capable of corroborate all the allegations, we took this motion to deal with habits and administration fashion, and have obtained no additional complaints since this was carried out".

Kern's previous credits include Charmed, Beauty and the Beast and New York Undercover. Two high-profile showrunners, Andrew Kreisberg (The Flash, Supergirl) and Mark Schwahn, were ousted following brief investigations into sexual harassment accusations by the studios they work for.

CBS TV Studios did not have a comment for the Salon report and has yet to publicly comment on any top-level changes at "NCIS: New Orleans". He also has written for Remington Steele, The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. and Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.

'NCIS: New Orleans' showrunner to leave show after sex harassment allegations