However, the papers were ordered to be returned to CCID investigators each time by Attorney-General Tan Sri Apandi Ali for further evidence after citing there was lack of it to pursue the case.
"Police conducted the search to facilitate their investigation".
It is learnt that the search was done for an investigation under the Anti-Money Laundering Act.
Reports said the family was cooperative.
Documents linked to the 1MDB scandal were believed to have been seized from Najib's apartment at the Pavillion residences in KL, reported the Star.
However, he did not disclose the location.
"Police did not seize any documents, only several personal items, among them clothes, handbags and items in the form of gifts, around two to three boxes", he added.
"There are no arrests now and no indication that there will be an arrest" Najib's lawyer said according to The Star.
Newsmen had gathered at the residence after seeing police vehicles converging there.
Another police Mobile Patrol Vehicle (MPV) was seen entering Taman Duta at 10.12am.
Sources said the raid was an evidence-gathering operation to seek documents related to 1MDB.
Bernama's efforts to reach the area to conduct coverage failed when several policemen acted to prevent the reporter and confiscated her phone to erase the recorded photos during the operation.
Police top brass were tight-lipped and unreachable for comment.
Earlier Bukit Aman Commercial Crime Investigations Department director Comm Datuk Seri Amar Singh confirmed that police performed searched five locations belonging to and connected to former PM.
The situation caused a congestion if over 500 metres along Jalan Taman Duta.
- Labourer trapped in drain pipe in Cuttack, rescue operation is on
- Enbridge Energy Management (EEQ) Earns Daily Media Impact Score of 0.22
- Talking on mobile while driving not offence: Kerala HC
- Ford Sync 3 gets support for Waze
- The House That Jack Built trailer, cast and reviews
- Mueller Subpoenas Roger Stone's One-Time Social Media Aide
- Jean Todt tips Ferrari to drop Formula 1 quit threat
- PS4 Firmware Update Version 5.55 Is Live
- Microsoft nabs part of the intelligence community cloud market in new deal
- United Kingdom digital technology sector still outpacing the rest of the economy