This figure was revealed by the Spanish media and they reported that it was outside the costs for the chartered aircraft that left Barcelona on Tuesday night with business-class seating for the 21 players and the rest of the staff.
Wednesday's friendly, the second Barcelona have played against Sundowns after one in 2007, was played at Soccer City in Johannesburg to celebrate Nelson Mandela's centenary.
Just 15 minutes into the end of the game, Lionel Messi came in for Inigo Ruiz de Galarreta, but the highlight of the events was the fans of the Argentine bursting into tears after getting an autograph from him.
Messi's substitution had the crowd cheering as they got to witness the global football star in action.
You know Mzansi fam, that soccer match between Sundowns and Barcelona was never going to be just about the soccer.
Those in the stadium were unconcerned that an African Champions League game was postponed in order to accommodate the match.
Caf announced the change in date for the Group C game against Guinea's Horoya, saying it followed "a cordial agreement between the two clubs".
First of all. according to Twitter Sundowns won that match..
The match will now be play in Conakry on 22 May.
A goal each from Ousmane Dembele, Luis Suarez and Andre Gomes ensured the Catalans beat their hosts 3-1 in the annual Mandela Cup. Barcelona fielded two completely different lineups in each half.
Though Messi, Gerrard Pique and Philippe Coutinho all started from the bench, an otherwise strong Barca XI encountered few hiccups, aside from a Sibusiso Vilakazi consolation strike in the 76th minute. Messi and his team players later made their way to the scene of Spain's World Cup triumph in 2010.
- Q2 2019 EPS Estimates for AMC Entertainment Holdings (AMC) Cut by Wedbush
- Sunny Leone smoulders in sexy photoshoot in lingerie. See pics
- Amazon Go Expanding To Chicago, San Francisco
- San Francisco nurses demonstrate at hospital renamed after Mark Zuckerberg
- 'SNL' Cast Member Claims Trump Faked A Bizarre Phone Call During Rehearsals
- Crucible Labs Gives Players a Louder Voice in the Creative Process
- Tidal accused of missing royalty payments to labels
- SoftBank eyes Indian foodtech sector, in talks to invest in Zomato
- Duterte orders lifting of total deployment ban in Kuwait
- MSU to pay out $500 million to Nasser victims