While all eyes have been on the south Indian state of Karnataka and the drama around government formation, former Calcutta High Court justice C S Karnan announced Wednesday, May 16, that he was launching a new political party.
What more, Justice Karnan reportedly is planning to field only women in all 543 Lok Sabha constituencies in 2019. I was asked to be the only male candidate and contest from Varanasi.
The Supreme Court had sentenced Justice Karnan to six-month jail on May 9 previous year for contempt of court when he was a serving judge of the Calcutta High Court.
"We will field women candidates from all the seats".
He is reported to have told the media that the party has approached the Election Commission of India for recognition and further that the number of seats they would contest will be decided soon. Mr. Karnan also said that he will not contest in the next elections but will campaign for his party. These were against sitting and retired judges of the Supreme Court and the High Court. Reacting to the two agendas of the convention, Karnan said: "The atrocities perpetrated against minorities stand out as the most demeaning in the eyes of the worldwide community, though we boast of being the largest democracy.Our adopted father, Dr B R Ambedkar, tried to protect such underprivileged people by incorporating Article 30 in the Constitution".
"This stands out as most demeaning in the eyes of global community, even though we Indians boast of our country being the largest democracy in the world", he said.
Justice Karnan claims the PM position would first be held by a Muslim woman, then by a woman from the upper caste and then by a OBC woman.
He also demanded immediate release of "innocent social activists who are languishing in jails".
- Acacia Communications (NASDAQ:ACIA) Shares Bought by Guggenheim Capital LLC
- Mohamed Salah: Liverpool forward's boots become museum exhibit
- Founders Edition GTX 1180 reportedly set to launch in July
- Golan Heights residents in bomb shelters after rocket siren activated
- Congress stakes claim to form government in Manipur
- GTA V has sold over 95 million copies worldwide
- Fortnite's first competitive mode is Solo Showdown
- Alexander-Arnold: Liverpool have impetus
- Celtic slap massive price tag on star left-back Kieran Tierney
- Jorginho will go to Manchester if fee agreed