Manchester City will sign Jorginho this summer if they can agree terms with Napoli for the £50million-rated Italy midfielder, his agent has revealed. He has developed as a player at Napoli and this season's form has seen him attract interest from several top clubs across Europe.
'City are the Champions of England and are one of the top European clubs.
"If the club are to reach an agreement with City, then he will go to Manchester and then find an agreement between us and the club, which would not be a problem given their stature".
"But I repeat, it will depend on the decisions of Napoli, as the player is under contract with the Azzurri for two more years".
'Finding an agreement with the English club will not be a problem considering the importance of the team. If Napoli and City find a solution, we can talk about it, otherwise the player will be happy to stay at Napoli.
"For the moment, I haven't heard from any club leaders".
Jorginho has played a key role in a vibrant Napoli side who have lit up Italy with their attractive, attacking brand of football under manager Maurizio Sarri.
Jorginho joined Napoli from Hellas Verona in 2014 and, when fit, he has been a regular at the heart of their midfield, playing 32 times in Serie A this term and also facing City in the Champions League, in a 4-2 win for the Premier League champions in Naples last November.
"Because that's exactly what they need - another player that's going to make every other team in the league look totally inadequate!" ESPN's Manchester City correspondent Jonathan Smith shares his view on a season where Manchester City finished champions 19 points ahead of Manchester United.
Bookmakers are convinced that City are close to both deals - with PaddyPower listing Jorginho odds on at 1/3 to be at City, whilst Mahrez is just 5/4. They have never lifted the Champions League but will expect that to change having brought in Guardiola and invested so heavily in the squad.
- Colonel martyred, three terrorists killed in Balochistan operation
- Mohamed Salah: Liverpool forward's boots become museum exhibit
- Mac Miller Arrested for Alleged DUI
- European Union takes 6 member states to court over air quality
- Oil briefly hit $80 for the first time since 2014
- GTA V has sold over 95 million copies worldwide
- CenturyLink (CTL) Given Daily Coverage Optimism Score of 0.15
- Acacia Communications (NASDAQ:ACIA) Shares Bought by Guggenheim Capital LLC
- AT&T and Verizon will carry the RED Hydrogen One
- HHS Reportedly Considers Housing Immigrant Children On Military Bases