Speaking at the sidelines of a book launch, Rai said that India will play the day-night Test only after the cricketers and the team management give them the green signal.
The ICC is mulling over doing away with the tradition of toss in Test matches to take away the advantage home teams exercise by preparing extreme wickets that suit their strength thereby leaving visiting teams not even in a position to put up a respectable fight that makes matches a tiresome prospect for viewers and spectators alike.
Outgoing Australia selector Mark Waugh dubbed the Indian cricket board of being very "selfish".
India's reluctance is attributed to their pink-ball inexperience, but Waugh, who will step down from his role as national T20 selector in August, is baffled by their refusal given the depth in the Virat Kohli-led squad.
In Test cricket home advantage is a growing problem. He said that the decision was disappointing and selfish, mostly due to the falling popularity of Test cricket.
India are will tour Australia from November 21 to January 19 with four Tests, three Twenty20 internationals and three one-day games on the schedule.
The toss of coin has been a part of global cricket since the very first Test, between England and Australia in 1877 to decide which of the two competing teams get to bowl or bat first.
The ICC Cricket Committee features former India captain and coach Anil Kumble, Andrew Strauss, Mahela Jayawardene, Rahul Dravid, Tim May, New Zealand Cricket chief executive David White, umpire Richard Kettleborough, ICC match referees' chief Ranjan Madugalle, Shaun Pollock and Clare Connor.
"So for the greater good of the game, I would have loved to have seen that as a day-night Test", Waugh signed off.
"There have been doubts about the pink ball itself in Duke and Kookaburra", he added, referring to the English and Australian ball manufacturers.
India has played with the pink ball in action during the 2016 Duleep Trophy domestic championship. However, the BCCI administrators are unconvinced about its performance at an global level.
- Gillian Anderson to Play 'Uninhibited' Therapist in Netflix's Sex Education
- Steel Dynamics (NASDAQ:STLD) Lifted to "Buy" at ValuEngine
- Lookout for Price Target? Invesco Ltd. (IVZ), Tronox Limited (TROX)
- United States births sink to lowest number in 30 years, CDC says
- Microsoft's Search Engine Bing Joins Google, Facebook in Banning Crypto-Related Ads
- 'Sense8': Watch the Trailer for the Series Finale
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Bridesmaids and Pageboys Were Just Announced
- North Carolina teachers demand better funding in large march
- Batwoman Joins the Arrowverse in Next Major Crossover Event
- 'NCIS: New Orleans' showrunner to leave show after sex harassment allegations