Hartford police say a city officer has been stabbed in the neck and critically injured by a woman who was being evicted from her downtown apartment.
A Hartford, Connecticut police officer is in critical condition after getting stabbed in the neck.
Foley says that the suspect is in custody and is also at the hospital for a minor hand injury.
Mayor Luke Bornin released a statement after going to the hospital where the officer is undergoing surgery. The officer suffered injuries to her jugular vein, reports CBS affiliate WFSB. No other details about her condition were released. "They saw her stabbing her in the throat".
The officer's relatives were on their way to the hospital, he said.
"She's a veteran officer, crisis intervention, trained for this exact kind of situation".
A CT officer is in critical condition after being stabbed in the neck while responding to assist during an eviction process at an apartment building. "We ask the entire Hartford community to keep the officer in their thoughts and prayers".
The Spectra apartments opened in 2015 after a $24 million conversion of the long-vacant Sonesta Hotel. The apartments are almost fully occupied, according the latest figures from the Capital Region Development Authority.
- Trump aide used Cambridge Analytica to wage "culture war"
- Mohamed Salah: Liverpool forward's boots become museum exhibit
- Republicans ignore Paul Ryan, sign onto effort to force a DACA vote
- CenturyLink (CTL) Given Daily Coverage Optimism Score of 0.15
- Kim Kardashian's Appetite Suppressant Ad 'Mistakenly' Deleted by Instagram Following Backlash
- Founders Edition GTX 1180 reportedly set to launch in July
- Brush fire in Catskills destroys 27 buildings at bungalow colonies
- Zuckerberg to heading to European Union next Tuesday
- Children were on bus that crashed with truck
- HHS Reportedly Considers Housing Immigrant Children On Military Bases