Jacksonville's tradition of booking neutral site, destination college football games continues, with city officials poised to announce an August 31 2019 clash between Boise State and Florida State. That's right, Florida State sold their home game of the two game series scheduled five years ago but still plan on going to Boise the season afterwards at this time. Initial word of a 2019 showdown between the Broncos and Seminoles broke on Tuesday.
The announcement was made on Wednesday by the Jacksonville Sports Council, which also runs the annual Gator Bowl game, and Florida State.
"I commend Stan Wilcox and the JAXSPORTS Council for creating this tremendous opportunity for Florida State University", said FSU President John Thrasher. "We are excited to play in Jacksonville and give our alumni and fans the opportunity to enjoy a game in one of the premier athletic venues in the South". It took place when FSU football played Alabama last season in Atlanta and Oklahoma State back in 2014 in Arlington, Texas - as well as when they "hosted" Ole Miss back in 2016 in Orlando.
Boise State is coming off an 11-3 season, including winning the Mountain West Conference and a victory over OR in the Las Vegas Bowl.
Tickets to the game will go on sale in 2019 and will be priced in similar scale to FSU home games.
FSU's ticket request period will begin November 1, 2018. TaxSlayer Gator Bowl / JAXSPORTS Members ticket request period will begin February 1, 2019.
- Nissan launches Energy Solar service and products
- Oil briefly hit $80 for the first time since 2014
- Pit Bulls Kill Elderly Woman In Mississippi
- NASA satellite snaps adorable Earth portrait on way to Mars
- AT&T and Verizon will carry the RED Hydrogen One
- Shashank Manohar secures second term as ICC chairman
- BCCI vs Lodha Committee: Five-man selection panel to return?
- Scientists Claim Octopuses to be "Aliens"
- Kajol's Eela produced by Ajay Devgn to release on September 14, 2018
- Lionel Messi arrives in the country