The reported settlement comes eight months after Twenty-First Century Fox paid out roughly $50 million in settlements related to sexual harassment and discrimination allegations at Fox Information in the course of the fiscal yr that ended June 30.
The television network is trying to put the drama behind them after dealing with several lawsuits since 2016.
One of the cases was a class action with 11 plaintiffs who alleged that the network engaged in racial discrimination.
"The corporate has now reached a serious settlement that would resolve nearly all - if not all - pending lawsuits" in relation to gender and racial discrimination and hostile office claims, in line with The Hollywood Reporter.
The court documents obtained by the news source, details the following settlement terms: First, all employees must agree to drop their claims against the network.
On Tuesday, along with news of the settlement, Wright announced that he as leaving Fox News to "pursue new opportunities"'.
A Fox News representative confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that the network "resolved various cases involving Fox News employees". That includes a defamation and racial-discrimination lawsuit against 21st Century Fox and Fox News that focused on an article about the death of Seth Rich, a young aide for the Democratic National Committee.
According to a Variety report, attorney Douglas Wigdor is still representing the plaintiffs in a further two suits against Fox, but filed to withdraw on Monday due to an "irrevocable breakdown of the attorney-client relationship".
- Tyers Asset Management LLC Has $11.56 Million Holdings in E-Trade (ETFC)
- Justify sets off for Baltimore ahead of Preakness Stakes
- Even Little Lies Are a Big Threat to American Democracy, Tillerson Says
- Ford resuming F-150, Super Duty production on Monday
- Cavs Player Called Danny Ainge 'A [Expletive] Thief' This Season
- Cosmo DiNardo pleads guilty in Bucks County slaughters
- NY Senator: Dairy farms needs $300M emergency funding now
- "Power Rangers" & "Street Fighter" Crossover Mobile Game Update Announced
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Shares Sold by Wealthfront Inc
- Josh Belk confirms Clemson transfer