Ford was testing the upgraded Everest or Endeavour as we know in India for more than a year across the globe and it has finally been unveiled before going on sale in Australia. Ford will offer the new engine in most of the global markets, however reports indicate the India-spec model could miss out on this unit.
Local specifications and prices will be announced nearer to launch - although Ford SA says it's too early to confirm timing.
An interesting addition to the Australian-spec Endeavour is availability of the new 2.0-litre, bi-turbo diesel engine that's borrowed from Ford's Ranger Raptor pickup truck. The powertrain offers a combined fuel economy as low as 6.9L/100km, in the case of the Trend RWD version.
Ford's carryover 143kW/470Nm five-cylinder turbo-diesel unit matched with a six-speed automatic will continue to be offered in Ambiente and Trend variants.
Towing capacity has increased to a decent 3,100kg.
2019 Ford Everest also gets new look and engine
Advanced sound insulation and the inclusion of "Active Noise Cancellation" have helped improve cabin quietness, with the new four-cylinder diesel now "markedly quieter" than the 3.2-litre unit, according to Ford.
Inter-Urban Autonomous Emergency Braking Pedestrian Detection and Vehicle Detection joins the list of optional gadgets, while Aussie models now keyless entry and start as well as Sync3 with Apple CarPlay as standard, while a powered tailgate is fitted from mid-range upwards.
Other highlights include a facelifted design with new-look 20-inch alloy wheels for the Titanium, HID headlights for the Trend, and a new front grille incorporating a secondary grille texture for added depth. Inside, there's new materials and a choice of a new interior colour, ebony.
Following yesterday's announcement of the 2019 Ford Ranger, details of the 2019 Ford Everest have been released.
- United Kingdom digital technology sector still outpacing the rest of the economy
- Late passenger tries to break into plane, gets arrested at airport
- Lookout for Price Target? Oasis Petroleum Inc. (OAS), Sears Holdings Corporation (SHLD)
- 81-year-old woman found safe after missing for days
- Ford Sync 3 gets support for Waze
- Golfer's wife blamed mother-in-law for attack in 911 call
- $2.21 EPS Expected for The JM Smucker Company (SJM)
- Varanasi flyover tragedy: Warnings ignored, FIR against UPBC officials
- Walmart's United States e-commerce growth rebounds in Q1
- Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul exchange jerseys