"By adding opioid-use disorder as an approved medical condition under the program, we not only give physicians another tool for treatment of this devastating disease, but we allow for research to be conducted on medical marijuana's effectiveness in treatment", Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine.
As more studies confirm that medical marijuana can help reduce the rates of opioid abuse in the United States, many are calling on the government to make cannabis more available to help solve the crisis.
Pennsylvania's medical marijuana program was signed into law by Wolf in April 2016. Those permits have not yet been awarded, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, so it's not yet certain when research will begin.
"Penn State College of Medicine has an opportunity to play an integral role in advancing society's understanding of the medical potential of marijuana and assisting in the development of safe and effective therapies", Neil Sharkey, Penn State's vice president for research, said in a statement. Among those were expanding the qualifying conditions list to include neurodegenerative diseases, terminal illness, dyskinetic and spastic movement disorders and opioid-use disorder.
From its base in Whistler, British Columbia, Whistler Medical Marijuana grows medical cannabis in soil without the use of chemicals.
Medical marijuana also will now be permitted to be dispensed in dry-leaf or plant form for patients to use in a vaporizer.
- Global 3D Printing Software Market Analysis 2018 Rhinoceros, 3DS, Max, FreeCAD
- SLAYED BY SAUSAGE DOGS: Dachshunds maul woman to death
- IBM Partners with Veridium Labs to Launch Blockchain-based Carbon Footprint Tracker
- Farm Bill May Have Enough Votes in House for Passage
- Single vehicle accident near Coaldale claims three
- OnePlus 6 India launch in Mumbai at 3 PM today
- Microsoft (MSFT) Received a $117.00 Target Price by Goldman Sachs Analysts
- ABC Promotes 'Roseanne' and Product Placement Before Ad Buyers
- Customer Care Business Analytics Market 2018 to 2023
- Bank of America (BAC) Position Increased by Wealthstreet Investment Advisors LLC