What do you need to know about the NBA Draft Lottery?
On Tuesday night, though, an actual movie and TV star stepped up to represent the Atlanta Hawks and rocked social media.
As far as the lotto results are concerned, the main takeaways are the Suns are picking No. 1 overall (yawn) and that everyone who isn't Atlanta homer Intern Danny was shocked to learn actress Jami Gertz owns the Hawks.
Gertz is best known for her roles in films such as The Lost Boys, Less Than Zero, Jersey Girl, and Twister, but last night she became known as the gal who secured the number 3 pick for her team in the draft.
Gertz told the paper it was "a lot of pressure". I've done live theater. You've got to come up with the goods night after night, which is a lot of pressure.
The actress is married to Tony Ressler, the principal owner of the Hawks. We've been the owners for three years now, and I feel like this is the first time we've taken ownership. Ressler asked her to sit on the stage to bring the team good luck in the lottery. Although she said she might do "a little bit of yoga breathing in the morning to calm myself down", she said she was "excited for what's to come". The Hawks also have the No. 19 and No. 30 picks as well. So ... how did she do?
- National Weather Service: 2 tornadoes touched down in CT
- Parametrica Management Ltd Purchase $395000 Holding in Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ)
- SC asks realty firm JAL to deposit Rs 1000 crore
- Church plans dialogue with Nicaragua's gov't
- Cannes 2018: Aishwarya, Aaradhya and a twirl!
- Madrid's Direct Rule Over Catalan Gov't Must End
- Air France-KLM appoints temporary CEO amid labor standoff
- Craig-Hallum May Have Just Lost Faith in Mitel Networks (MITL)
- The Markle Debacle Continues: Half-Sister Samantha Has Been Hospitalised
- There's a new Project CARS but it's for mobile devices