Fifty-eight people were killed and 2,700 people were wounded in the riots.
"Medical facilities are buckling under the strain of additional casualties", he said. "Hamas is exclusively responsible for the events transpiring in and out of Gaza", the IDF spokesman stated.
The attack was retaliation for machine gun fire that caused property damage in the Israeli town of Sderot, Israel Defense Forces said.
Israel launches new air raid on Hamas in Gaza
There have been several public protests all over Turkey, some of which were in front of the US and Israeli embassies and consulates, since an official three days of mourning was announced on Monday.
Gaza medics said two Palestinians were shot dead during Tuesday's demonstrations along the 51km border.
Monday's demonstration had coincided with Israel's 70th anniversary - an event Palestinians refer to as "The Catastrophe" - and the relocation of Washington's embassy to Jerusalem, which also took place Monday.
Gaza analyst Akram Attallah, noting the smaller number of protesters since Monday's deaths, said: "I can see there is a retreat because of the Israeli bloody response. but Friday will represent an indicator to where things are going".
Countries including Russia, Turkey, Kuwait and Britain have all spoken out against the killings.
- Complete squad for Women's IPL exhibition match
- Robbery suspect assaulted West Hartford officer
- Ford Sync 3 gets support for Waze
- European Union takes six countries to court over air pollution
- Just How Positive is Macquarie on TripAdvisor (NASDAQ:TRIP) Following Their Upgrade?
- Another transgender woman is murder in Dallas
- Microsoft nabs part of the intelligence community cloud market in new deal
- 81-year-old woman found safe after missing for days
- Ford Everest also gets new look and engine
- Samsung S7 and S7 Edge facing issue over Oreo update