CHP believes 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash on I-880 in Fremont were not wearing seatbeltsCHP officials say the driver, who has not been identified, was driving recklessly and at high speeds when the crash occurred.
The collision was reported by multiple people at about 9:30 p.m. on Highway 880 at Stevenson Boulevard, CHP Officer Damian Cistaro said.
Dang Nguyen Hai Tran, 21, of San Jose was driving a Toyota Camry involved in the crash and was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of marijuana, the CHP said. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. All three of the people who died were ejected from an Escalade, the CHP said. They were all riding in the same vehicle. The CHP identified the third victim as a 39-year-old woman, but her name has not been released. Leal said there was no estimated time to reopen the highway, which as of midnight was still littered with debris from the collision.
I-880 northbound was shut down from Auto Mall Pkwy.to Stevenson Blvd. until just after 6:00 a.m.
The Traffic Alert has been canceled as all lanes are now open.
- The Structure Of The 2018-2025 Shower Oil Report on Global and United States Market 2018-2025: An Extensive Report
- Australia's Santos gets $10.36 bln takeover offer from Harbour Energy
- Chhetri and Aizawl help BFC enter knockouts
- YouTube launches new music streaming service May 22
- Backstreet Boys Talk Heartbreak & First New Music in 5 Years
- Analytical Preview of Southwestern Energy Company (SWN)
- Pregnant Broadway actress loses baby after NYC vehicle crash killed her daughter
- Dear Walmart-Flipkart, we need some answers from you
- Judge Rules in Favor of Oakland Coal Project
- United Kingdom cuts top stake on gambling machines to £2