The former UFC lightweight champion brought his entourage from Ireland over to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY.
That will most likely be the avenue in which McGregor is harmed most for his decision to throw a metal dolly through a bus containing his rival Khabib Nurmagomedov; he's unlikely to serve any jail time even though he was booked on a felony charge due to the attack being his first offense on USA soil and his wealth enabling him to hire a high-priced legal counsel to plead his charges down. TRENDING Jon Jones Responds to Chuck Liddell's Call Out After Announcing His Return to Fighting Also factor into the equation that Ferguson and McGregor share the same manager, who was also vocal about the potential loss of Ferguson's belt and with it, a loss of significant revenue.
It's hard to argue against Ferguson's logic as he begins his journey to return to the top of the UFC's lightweight division, however, there may be too much money to make in another fight. "At the end of the day, does the UFC really like its fighters?" I'm one of their toughest fighters. Don't kick me when I'm down. "I'm joking, but I grew up in Lodz and I saw worse things". UFC's own employees were there to witness and hear the "pop" when Tony's knee gave out.
"Our position is Tony is still the champion and therefore required to defend that belt. We trust this situation will be handled professionally". The cancellation was the fourth time in which Ferguson and Khabib were scheduled to fight and fell through.
He believes he's done his job as a fighter and wants the UFC to recognize that by not taking away the belt and contractual rewards he feels he's earned.
"I thought Al Iaquinta did a great job at UFC 223, but Khabib is going to say he won the Super Bowl after he faced the third string?" he said. Even though I consider him the best lightweight. I wasn't impressed with anything he did. My coaches told me to hide, but I wanted to see what was going on, but they kept me under the seats. "But it's disrespectful to me to strip my title", said Ferguson.
Also included in his interview is that Ferguson believes he is still the UFC champion, citing the fact that he has never lost his belt.
- Boulder Gun Ban Includes Assault Weapons, Bump Stocks, Large Magazines
- Global 3D Printing Software Market Analysis 2018 Rhinoceros, 3DS, Max, FreeCAD
- Customer Care Business Analytics Market 2018 to 2023
- UK's Mothercare to close 50 more stores in restructuring plan
- Chelsea Ladies win Women's Super League title against Bristol City
- DJ Khaled is the top nominee for the BET Awards with 6
- Farm Bill May Have Enough Votes in House for Passage
- Judge Rules in Favor of Oakland Coal Project
- LG V35 ThinQ specifications leak, seems to match the G7 ThinQ
- Attorneys General Fight Trump Administration About Family Planning Services