Pakistani forces raided the Killi Almas village on the outskirts of Quetta, capital of the restive Balochistan province, based on a tip that there were suicide bombers hiding there, according to a military statement.
In the exchange of fire, however; Colonel Sohail Abid of the Military Intelligence was martyred, along with four other armed force operatives being injured.
Badeni - described by authorities as a "high-value target" - was wanted for his involvement in the killing of more than 100 people, including policemen and members of the minority Shi'ite (Shia) Hazara community.
"Two suicide bombers killed were Afghani".
Col Sohail embraced martyrdom on Wednesday during an operation in Balochistan, in which high-value target of banned terror group Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) was killed along with two other terrorists, who were involved in the killings of over 100 innocent people of Hazara community and police personnel.
The ISPR said that two of the deceased were suicide bombers, while the third one was identified as Salman Badeni - LeJ head of Balochistan.
The latest action of security forces was taken under ongoing operation Radd-ul-Fasaad, which has been eliminating residual and latent threat of terrorism to consolidate the gains of earlier military operations like Zarb-e-Azb, Rah-e-Raast and Rah-e-Najaat.
Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi expressed deep grief over the martyrdom of Colonel Sohail Abid.
He said our soldiers have paid the price of freedom with blood and there is no higher sacrifice than it.
PM Abbasi said that the nation has been united against the coward enemy.
- Former Plateau Governor, Jang Arraigned, Remanded in Jos Prison
- We Still Don't Know Why These Lizards Have Lime-Green Blood
- Today May 16 Vanguard Mid-Cap ETF (VO) Increases 0.26%
- Tidal accused of missing royalty payments to labels
- Lionel Messi arrives in the country
- MSU to pay out $500 million to Nasser victims
- Karan Patel announces 'Diwali Dhamaka' in the coolest pregnancy post ever
- Diamondbacks star Pollock facing two months out with fractured thumb
- Crucible Labs Gives Players a Louder Voice in the Creative Process
- Scientists Claim Octopuses to be "Aliens"