The Polish Foreign Ministry has criticized Russian Federation for the construction of the bridge across the Kerch Strait without the consent of the Ukrainian side and calls on Russian Federation to refrain from further violation of Ukraine's territorial integrity and independence. "We call on the Russian Federation to cease its violations of this fundamental tenet of the rules-based global order", she said.
"We urge the Russian side to refrain from further violations of Ukraine's territorial integrity and independence", the statement reads.
"Canada reaffirms its commitment to the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine". The construction of the bridge connecting Crimea to the Russian mainland kicked off in February 2016.
Social media networks were thrown into an uproar after an American journalist advised Ukraine to blow up a recently constructed bridge between the Crimean Peninsula and mainland Russian Federation. Its construction was prompted by Crimea's reintegration with Russian Federation in 2014.
The Ministry of foreign Affairs of Poland said that the construction of "so-called Crimean bridge" without the consent of the Ukrainian side and contrary to the position of the UN General Assembly is another clear violation of worldwide law.
North Atlantic Treaty Organisation condemned the opening of the Kerch bridge and regarded it as another violation of Ukraine's sovereignty.
- $2.21 EPS Expected for The JM Smucker Company (SJM)
- 81-year-old woman found safe after missing for days
- JC Penney (JCP) Falls on Q1 Loss, Sales Decline & View Cut
- Ford Everest also gets new look and engine
- United Kingdom digital technology sector still outpacing the rest of the economy
- Pioneer Energy Services Corp (PES) Climbs 12.22% For the Week
- Complete squad for Women's IPL exhibition match
- Lookout for Price Target? Oasis Petroleum Inc. (OAS), Sears Holdings Corporation (SHLD)
- Ranieri set to exit French soccer's Nantes
- Samsung S7 and S7 Edge facing issue over Oreo update