As yet unknown in origin, the fire destroyed at least 27 seasonal, unoccupied buildings in two summer colonies on Route 42 off Gamble Road.
The Times Herald-Record of Middletown reports that authorities on Wednesday afternoon closed Route 42 between South Fallsburg and Fallsburg in Sullivan County because of a nearby brush fire.
The public safety commissioner says one injured firefighter had an arm injury, while two others faced heat exhaustion.
According to information available to YWN, it appears the fire started in Krula Camp, and spread to Riverside Bungalow Colony.
During the response, the county fire coordinator detailed some of the challenges they were facing. A total of 39 fire departments from Ulster, Orange and DE countieswere called in to aid in the Sullivan County operations. "It keeps picking up and changing direction on us. It's really hard to get a handle on it".
Sauer reminded people that the state has a ban on outdoor burning through May 14.
- School bus and dump truck collide on I-80 in New Jersey
- Acacia Communications (NASDAQ:ACIA) Shares Bought by Guggenheim Capital LLC
- HHS Reportedly Considers Housing Immigrant Children On Military Bases
- Republicans ignore Paul Ryan, sign onto effort to force a DACA vote
- 'Eating fish twice a week may keep your heart healthy'
- Mohamed Salah: Liverpool forward's boots become museum exhibit
- European Union takes 6 member states to court over air quality
- Shashank Manohar secures second term as ICC chairman
- Jorginho will go to Manchester if fee agreed
- Fortnite's first competitive mode is Solo Showdown