A 9-year-old child died in a rollover crash early Tuesday morning on the northbound 15 Freeway in Hesperia.
The California Highway Patrol tells KNBC-TV that the children, who were 6 and 8 years old, were in a Nissan Versa that was struck head-on Tuesday by a vehicle taking part in the illegal race in Perris.
The Honda driver collided head-on with a Nissan Versa, Olivas said.
Angel Gonzalez Lopez, 37, of Bakersfield was driving his auto along Road 164 when he ran the stop sign at Avenue 344, according to CHP officers.
CHP officials said the 77-year-old man behind the wheel of the Beetle was headed east on Smoketree Road when, for reasons still under investigation, he "traveled through the intersection with Johnson Road, directly into the path of the Ford F-250".
Their vehicles crashed, sending Lopez's auto into a chain-linked fence and parked auto. The 9-year-old child was ejected during the crash and died, according to the CHP.
The driver and three other juvenile passengers received minor injuries and were taken to Desert Valley Hospital. Everyone was transported to the Kaweah Delta Medical Center for treatment. Neither alcohol nor drugs are suspected to be a factor in the crash.
Anyone with information about the crash should contact the CHP Visalia Area Public Information Officer Steve Beal at 559-734-6767.
- ABC Promotes 'Roseanne' and Product Placement Before Ad Buyers
- Kidman to supply lithium hydroxide to Tesla
- Study Shows Exercise Doesn't Delay Decline In People With Dementia
- Sell-Side Sees Upside & Positive Growth in NVIDIA Corporation (NASDAQ:NVDA)
- Wells Fargo (WF) Cut to "Hold" at Zacks Investment Research
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp: Top-four finish is 'fantastic achievement'
- NCLT admits petition by Ericsson against RCom
- Captrust Financial Advisors Purchases New Stake in Merck & Co. (NYSE:MRK)
- Cannes 2018: Mahira Khan Poses Outside Hotel Martinez In Style
- Militants Fired Upon 42 RR Patrolling Party In J-k's Tral