This is the second death in a week where a transgender woman has been found dead.
The body was found in White Rock Creek over the weekend. She was wearing a black shirt and black scrub trousers, with no tattoos or distinct markings.
The police described the victim "as [a] black, transgender female approximately 5 feet, 3 inches, and weighing about 130 pounds".
Police Need Help Identifying Transgender Woman Found Dead In Creek
Investigators have ruled the death unexplained "pending a cause of death determination" from the medical examiner's office.
Castro says there isn't any proof linking the demise with the Could 9 strangulation demise of a 26-year-old transgender girl in her Dallas condominium. But still, McMurray said, the deaths of two trans women in Dallas just days apart is a reminder of the systemic factors making life more hard - and more unsafe - for trans people every day. Police are calling her death a homicide.
An eyewitness account reported that an unidentified man left her apartment shortly before Flores-Pavon was found unconscious, however, no arrest has been made so far.
Dallas police said she was severely decomposed and didn't have an ID or any identifying marks. Monica Roberts, of the Dallas-based organization Black Transwomen Inc., attended the vigil and expressed dismay at Dallas police's decision not to investigate Flores-Pavon's homicide as a hate crime. Witnesses told police they saw a Latin male fleeing her apartment at the time of her attack, according to NBCDFW in Dallas Fort-Worth.
- Robbery suspect assaulted West Hartford officer
- Late passenger tries to break into plane, gets arrested at airport
- Pioneer Energy Services Corp (PES) Climbs 12.22% For the Week
- Walmart's United States e-commerce growth rebounds in Q1
- 81-year-old woman found safe after missing for days
- Future Apple iPhones To Feature Fast Chargers In The Box
- JC Penney (JCP) Falls on Q1 Loss, Sales Decline & View Cut
- United Kingdom digital technology sector still outpacing the rest of the economy
- Ford Sync 3 gets support for Waze
- Sheriff: Ex-husband kills 5, injures 1 in North Texas home shooting