"I am going to meet Ghulam Nabi Azad and Ashok Gehlot and we will discuss", Kharge said.
He further said that we can't tell you whom we'll approach and whom not.
Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad today said if the Karnataka governor invited BJP to form the government, it would mean that he was "openly inviting horse-trading, corruption and defection in the parties". At this juncture we've complete faith in the governor that he'll go by Constitution and not party politics. They can go ahead and form the government, we will give them the support, Siddaramaiah said.
Results of the Karnataka Assembly polls announced on Tuesday evening showed that the BJP won 104 seats, emerging as the single largest party, while the Congress and JD (S) bagged 78 and 37 seats, respectively.
This would be eight seats short of a simple majority in a House where no one else appeared ready to back the BJP.
He said the Congress and the JD (S) have submitted separate letters to Vala.
He said the Congress-JDS coalition government would provide "a stable government without poaching into the premises of any other political party". If media reports are to be believed, an Independent candidate and another from KPJP have offered support to the saffron party. Analysts said the BJP was leading in Lingayat dominated seats, in an assertion that Siddaramaiah's recommendation to grant the community religious minority tag may not have benefitted the Congress. In a scenario like this, the Congress-JD (S) alliance's worry isn't entirely unfound.
The Congress-JD (S) combine counters BJP, staking claim because on grounds that the alliance has cornered 117 seats, much more than the majority mark of 112.
With this arithmetic, the ball now lies in the Governor Vajubhai Vala's court. Though he is expected to invite the single largest party, the same tradition wasn't followed in Goa and Manipur, where the Congress party had turned out to be the single largest party. MPs may also join them: Sources #Karnataka.
- Phoenix gets 5th franchise in new Alliance football league
- Watch live as MI astronaut spacewalks outside International Space Station
- LLC Buys New Position in Cypress Semiconductor (NASDAQ:CY)
- Royal Wedding: Meghan to stay at 'debaucherous' birthplace of the Profumo affair
- Brad Little wins GOP gubernatorial primary
- FA Cup can be stepping stone to title, says United's Jones
- Ajay Devgn, Ranbir Kapoor to reunite onscreen
- Global Entertainment Robot Toys Market 2018-2025 Modular Robotics, Toshiba Machines
- Taylor Swift Granted Restraining Order Against Alleged Stalker
- Vikings Sign DT David Parry