Aston Villa paid tribute to former defender Jlloyd Samuel, who died in a vehicle crash at just 37 on Tuesday, as a 0-0 draw with Middlesbrough at Villa Park booked their place in the Championship playoff final.
At the heart of that defence was former Chelsea and England centre back John Terry who joined the club previous year on a free transfer and whose appointment as captain appears to have had a significant impact.
"It'll be good - it's two big teams". I think it was important in the first half that we did not concede.
Boro also lost 1-0 seven times, their most common result along with a 2-0 win (only one of which was recorded away from the Riverside Stadium), and opened the scoring just eight times in their 23 away matches. 'They might be slight favourites going into it, but all the best to them if they fancy themselves more than us because we'll be ready for it, that's for sure'.
'Fulham are a good side, they finished ahead of us in the league, deservedly so, ' he said. "It's hard for me to say that but that's being brutally honest".
Villa held on to claim a draw and victory overall, sparking wild celebrations as their fans flooded onto the pitch at full-time.
The Claret and Blue Army are set for a showdown with the Cottagers at Wembley, with a win guaranteed to secure promotion to the Premier League.
- MSU to pay out $500 million to Nasser victims
- Kajol's Eela produced by Ajay Devgn to release on September 14, 2018
- Million Nigerians Lost Jobs Under Buhari - Moghalu
- Cleveland Browns, Baker Mayfield to be featured on HBO's 'Hard Knocks'
- Pit Bulls Kill Elderly Woman In Mississippi
- Lionel Messi arrives in the country
- Q2 2019 EPS Estimates for AMC Entertainment Holdings (AMC) Cut by Wedbush
- Guatemala moves its embassy to Jerusalem
- Nissan launches Energy Solar service and products
- NASA satellite snaps adorable Earth portrait on way to Mars