The upcoming DC-branded streaming service, DC Universe, has ordered the live-action series "Doom Patrol" for 13 episodes, Variety has learned. DC Comics' own group of misfit superheroes in Doom Patrol might not get the adoration they deserve from the public, but they are finally getting their own live-action show.
According to Deadline, the notorious producer will now have fourteen series on the air for the 2018/2019 season.
Production on Doom Patrol begins this year; the series is expected to premiere sometime in 2019. "The Doom Patrol's members each suffered disgusting accidents that gave them superhuman abilities-but also left them scarred and disfigured". The team is brought together by mad scientist Dr. Niles Caulder, also known as The Chief, who sends the team out to investigate weird phenomena and to defend earth.
Intriguingly, it's also been revealed that these reluctant heroes will be called to action by an iconic DC character - Victor Stone AKA Cyborg. Berlati is the creative force behind a host of scripted series including All American, Arrow, Black Lightning, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Riverdale, Supergirl, Blindspot, God Friended Me, The Red Line, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, You, and Titans.
Carver will executive produce with Geoff Johns (Titans), Berlanti and Berlanti Prods' Sarah Schechter.
Doom Patrol is based on DC characters originally created by Arnold Drake, Bob Haney and Bruno Premiani. Doom Patrol will pick up after the events of Titans, when the reluctant heroes are called to action by Cyborg with a hard mission.
Even in a crowded field of pickups and cancellations, Doom Patrol is likely to get noticed: not only is it a spinoff from a series that has not yet premiered, but it is yet another series from Greg Berlanti, the super-producer whose shingle now has more shows on TV than anyone in history. Recently, the Doom Patrol was revived as part of Gerard Way's "Young Animal" imprint for DC.
The series starts "after the events of Titans".
- FA Cup final ball to feature the names of 137 goalscorers
- Pregnant Broadway actress loses baby after NYC vehicle crash killed her daughter
- Casinos Weigh In on Supreme Court Sports Gambling Decision
- Atletico Madrid's Europa League win gives Ligue 1 sides Champions League boost
- Justin Verlander Gets 2500th Career Strikeout Against Shohei Ohtani
- Klopp welcomes Liverpool's 'crazy ride' to Champions League final
- Short Interest in Plains All American Pipeline (PAA) Increases By 47.9%
- Dear Walmart-Flipkart, we need some answers from you
- Boulder Gun Ban Includes Assault Weapons, Bump Stocks, Large Magazines
- Dead In Multi-Vehicle Collision On Hwy 880