In an interview with Vulture timed to the impending release of another sequel they penned, "Deadpool 2", writing duo Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick revealed that they're now hammering out the details to make "Zombieland 2" a reality - and it could have a very timely release date. "Zombieland came out October in 2009". And the best part?
Writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick stated that the film was being actively developed, with the original cast on board. The hope is that we're shooting that thing early 2019 for an October '19 release. Reese and Wernick also confirmed that the original Zombieland cast will be returning. There are just a lot of things happening behind the scenes that the writers weren't ready to reveal just yet. But just ten years ago, they were unknowns in Hollywood - that is, until a little movie called Zombieland came along.
Set in a zombie post-apocalypse and filtered through a darkly comic lens, the original Zombieland hit theaters in 2009 and stars Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin as survivors attempting to outlast the living dead. The writers admitted they are "sitting on information" they can't share just yet, but their forthrightness and enthusiasm is encouraging after nearly a decade of teasing Zombieland 2.
Well, don't tell that to Reese and Wernick, who are now doing the press rounds for Deadpool 2 - the second movie they've written in the superhero franchise - and just dropped the surprise that it sounds like a feature follow-up to Zombieland is in the cards.for 2019.
Since this project has been through so many ups and downs it's hard to actually believe this might happen, but stay tuned folks. Let us know by leaving a comment below!
- US Silica Holdings INC (SLCA) Shareholder Icon Advisers INC Decreased Stake
- White Sox activate Yoan Moncada from disabled list
- Kinder Morgan (NYSE:KMI) Declares Dividend Increase - $0.20 Per Share
- Ensco (ESV) Releases Quarterly Earnings Results, Misses Expectations By $0.05 EPS
- Skin Care Devices Sales Market Outlook 2024, Global Opportunity & Growth Analysis
- Vaughan David Investments LLC IL Has $19.38 Million Position in Qualcomm (QCOM)
- Bolton Eliminates Cybersecurity Coordinator
- Crown Castle International (CCI) Getting Somewhat Favorable News Coverage, Study Finds
- Earnings Prediction Review: Nokia Corporation (NOK)
- Project Runway Is Coming Back Home to Bravo