Sweden have announced their 23-man preliminary squad for the 2018 World Cup. It was when Sweden beat Italy in the World Cup playoffs in November a year ago it was speculated that Zlatan Ibrahimovic would come back.
Many had hoped Ibrahimovic would return especially given his impact and fitness in Major League Soccer since leaving Old Trafford two months ago.
Goalies: Robin Olsen (Copenhagen, Denmark), Carl Johan Jonsson (Guingamp, France), Kristoffer Nordfeldt (Swansea, Wales).
Sweden, who are led by head coach Janne Andersson, is now 23rd in the Federation Internationale de Football Association world rankings.
Included among the eight midfielders was Albin Ekdal, who recovered from injury to play the final games of the Bundesliga with Hamburger SV.
However, the 36 said on his social media handle that he will come out of retirement to gatecrash his country's World Cup squad.
- Fuel prices hike: Rahul Gandhi accuses Narendra Modi of fooling people
- Celtics push LeBron, Cavs into 0-2 hole
- "Jai Hind" replaces "Yes, ma'am" or "Yes, Sir" in MP
- After Dust Storm In Delhi, MeT Department Issues Fresh Thunderstorm Alert
- Article 35A comes in the way of J&K non-permanent residents appearing…
- MSCI unveils 234 Chinese stocks for key index
- Manchester United and Liverpool set for new Federation Internationale de Football Association club cup worth £100m
- Trump on Paris attack
- NASA's Mars Cube One takes photo of Earth and Moon
- It's National Chocolate Chip day!