Principal home secretary Arvind Kumar said the chief minister was safe and had proceeded to attend his scheduled programmes. Six persons had died in the storm which lashed parts of western UP. Sources say that as the helipad was constructed at the ground of Kasturba Vidyalaya, which is surrounded by trees thus creating obstruction for the landing of the chopper.
Seeing it as a major breach in the Chief Minister's security, the government suspended an Executive Engineer, a Junior Engineer and an Assistant Engineer with immediate effect.
In a freaky incident, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath's chopper made an emergency landing on Tuesday. Yogi, who was here on a day long visit to Kasganj met several families who were hit by the thunderstorm on Sunday. After distributing the cheques, the CM even held a review meeting with senior officials including additional director-general (Agra zone) Ajay Anand, Kasganj deputy inspector general Piyush Srivastava, district magistrate R P Singh and others over the situation after a thunderstorm and rising crime graph in the district. He also met families of four victims who were murdered in Amapur and Sahawar during dacoities.
- Stock On the Run: NextEra Energy, Inc. (NEE)
- Federal Appeals Court Will Soon Rule On Decision To End DACA
- 'Zero concern' as James says Cavs will bounce back
- Ivanka Trump in hot water over blessing from controversial rabbi
- A2 shares dive on disappointing guidance
- Chile: Students Endorse BDS amid Israel's Massacre in Gaza
- RBA warns unemployment will have to fall further before wages can rise
- Treasure Island Music Festival makes a triumphant return for 2018
- JR Smith Shoves Al Horford Mid-Air, Marcus Smarts Retaliates
- Microsoft (MSFT) Price Target Raised to $118.00 at Evercore ISI