This feature works similar to Apple's AirDrop as in its lets users to quickly share content between Windows 10 devices.
Windows 10 should pick up the new update and install it on the target device. While we already covered some of the biggest stories from both the events, one bit that was missed and which would actually be a very useful feature for the end users is the availability of Windows 10 April 2018 Update's Nearby Share for Android and iOS, as well.
Microsoft is now blocking the update from affected systems until a solution is devised. Microsoft has yet to publish a blog post to announce what's new in this release, so in the meantime you may want to keep an eye on the Windows Insider blog for more details. The Your Phone app is apparently the best example of Microsoft's cross-platform strategy which aims to bring PCs and smartphones in sync.
"After upgrading to Window 10 April 2018 Update, select devices with Toshiba XG4 Series, Toshiba XG5 Series or Toshiba BG3 Series solid state disk (SSD) drives may exhibit lower battery life".
Android and iOS users will be able to send content to their Windows 10 devices over the Bluetooth connection. The process is automatic and the interface of Nearby Share in Windows 10 is easy to operate.
The feature was showed off when the Microsoft team discussed its integration into apps and adding the Project Rome SDK into iOS and Android apps.
Users who have faced this issue and don't want to wait for the resolution can revert back to their previous version of Windows, Windows Latest noted.
- Pearse Doherty TD calls for expulsion of Israeli Ambassador to Ireland
- Minnesota Lynx Waive NRHEG's Wagner
- Thibaut Courtois snubs Antonio Conte in FA Cup final admission
- Notable Runner: Gamestop Corp (GME)
- Emilia Clarke insists there's no pay gap problem on Game of Thrones
- German growth slows to 0.3 pct in first quarter on weak trade
- SPDR MSCI EMU ETF (EURO) Plunged 0.16% on May 15
- Yogi Aditynath's chopper makes emergency landing in Kasganj, CM safe
- Louisiana Senate passes spending budget
- Frances Bean Loses Kurt Cobain's Iconic 'MTV Unplugged' Guitar to Ex-Husband