Moncada ended up needing just the minimum 10-day stay on the disabled list.
Second baseman Yoan Moncada returns to the White Sox lineup Tuesday night in Pittsburgh after a 10-game stint on the disabled list with a strained left hamstring.
The White Sox optioned infielder Jose Rondon to Triple-A Charlotte on Sunday to create a roster spot. But it would help if Moncada could develop more flexibility and strength especially since he only has about 4 percent body fat, Renteria said.
Despite the White Sox's issues this season, they will not rush top prospects Michael Kopech and Eloy Jimenez up to the majors at this time.
Moncada, 22, has enjoyed a breakout season of sorts, slashing.263/.359/.509 with six home runs and four steals over 29 games. On the season, 58.1 percent of his total hits have gone for extra bases, the fifth-highest percentage in the National League for hitters with 100 plate appearances.
- Deadpool 2's most shocking post-credits scene was cut
- Analysts Are Gushing Over Weight Watchers International, Inc. (WTW), MPLX LP (MPLX)
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Holdings Inc. Acquires 48159 Shares of HollyFrontier (HFC)
- ARSENAL have had a £26million bid for Roma star Cengiz Under rejected
- Coinbase Introduces Coinbase Suite of Institutional Products
- Dennis Schroder hints at desire for trade, eyeing Bucks and Pacers
- US Silica Holdings INC (SLCA) Shareholder Icon Advisers INC Decreased Stake
- Canadian Home Sales Hit Five-Year Low on Tougher Mortgage Rules
- Price Target Analysis Energy Transfer Equity, LP (ETE)
- Live Nation Introduces Women Nation Fund