Tulsa Police Officer Jeanne MacKenzie says the 7-year-old girl, Hafsa Hayle, helped her 9-year-old sister escape, and the 9-year-old ran to a nearby house for help.
Brown says ahmad lived here with her three daughters for about a year and half and there never seemed to be any serious signs of trouble.
Police said a patrol officer found 39-year-old Taheerah Ahmad around midday in a vehicle in downtown Tulsa.
Ahmad told police she bound them with tape to restrain them and, when her 11-year-old daughter got free, she admitted to stabbing her 50-70 times, hitting her in the head with a pick axe, and then setting the house on fire. Ahmad's 7-year-old daughter who had been reported missing was found safe.
Ahmad was being held Wednesday on complaints of arson, child abuse and assault and battery with the intent to kill. She was jailed without bond.
Her 11-year-old daughter is in critical condition.
Footage shows the mother being taken into custody while her youngest daughter played in their car
His yard backs up to Taheerah Ahmad and her daughters' home, their daughters played together. The house was on fire, and Ahmad and the youngest girl were missing.
Two women walking in downtown Tulsa said they saw the missing 7-year-old standing out of the sunroof of a vehicle, apparently playing, and a woman lying inside, reports CBS affiliate KOTV.
Ahmad told investigators during interviews Tuesday afternoon that she became upset after observing her children reading a book, although it was not known what book they were reading.
Police said Tuesday that the 11-year-old is unconscious and is breathing with the help of a tube.
The 11-year-old had dozens of stab wounds to the torso along with puncture wounds to her legs, neck, hands and face, according to the report. One of the women, Emily Wilson, told the Tulsa World that she and a friend chose to call the police after seeing the 8-year-old girl inside the vehicle.
- Rapper TI arrested outside his gated community near Atlanta
- Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) on Focus After Report of Less Shorts
- Iran vows to boost defense program despite U.S. threats
- WWE Announce First Eight UK Championship Tournament Entrants
- Investigation & Case Against Enzo Amore Is Now Closed
- Arcos Dorados Holdings (ARCO) Receives Consensus Rating of "Buy" from Brokerages
- Kent State' graduate's photo with AR-10 goes viral
- John Abraham Joins Nikkhil Adavani's Next Film On Batla House Encounter
- Will 2018's iPhones Include 18W, USB-C Fast Charging in the Box?
- Australia batsman David Warner to play club cricket during ball-tampering ban