The big-box retailer on Tuesday said its next-day delivery service called Target Restock is going nationwide this week.
Target said Tuesday that, with the expansion of the online stock-up service, more than 75% of the US population can order from an assortment of 35,000 items - including food, home essentials and other consumer staples - and have their "Restock box" delivered to their door the next day.
"We believe that if we can utilize our stores as a hub. we can unlock a great deal of speed and value", says Dawn Block, Target's senior vice president of digital. "Our guests love the speed and convenience of the service".
Target's Restock service was first given a test run past year in Minneapolis-St.
Restock now is offered in 11 markets and is slated to reach about 60 metropolitan areas this week.
Guests visit Target Restock and choose from an expanded assortment of 35,000 popular essentials-from cleaning supplies to baby products and more. Additionally, you'll need to place your order before 7 pm on a weekday (Monday through Friday) to take advantage of the program's $2.99-per-box next-day shipping. There is a maximum weight limit on orders, 45 pounds, but the site will let you know how much space remains as you fill up your virtual shopping cart.
If you haven't heard of the program before, Restock offers customers next-day product or grocery delivery for a $4.99 delivery fee. Users can now order Restock items via Google Home or a smartphone with the Google Assistant app.
Target is pushing more into faster online deliveries.
Back in December, we reported that Target plans to bring same-day delivery to half of its store locations by the end of 2018.
The company started testing out Restock last June in parts of Minnesota, offering more than 10,000 essentials. Translation: You can skip the annual membership fees and still get next-day delivery.
- Morgan Stanley Increases H&R Block (NYSE:HRB) Price Target to $30.00
- It will be a working birthday for Madhuri Dixit
- Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS) Stock Rating Lowered by ValuEngine
- Analysts Are Gushing Over Weight Watchers International, Inc. (WTW), MPLX LP (MPLX)
- 'Zombieland 2' Might Arrive Next Year Complete with Its Original Cast
- Canadian Home Sales Hit Five-Year Low on Tougher Mortgage Rules
- Earnings Prediction Review: Nokia Corporation (NOK)
- White House Searches West Wing for Unauthorized Phones
- Global Small Wind Turbines Market 2018 By Key Players - Nanjing Oulu, Britwind , HY Energy, XZERES, WinPower
- GDP marks first contraction in 9 quarters