A crowdfunding campaign for the long-awaitedShenmue III was announced almost three years ago at E3 2015, and since then, we've seen numerous developer updates and release date shifts.
Shenmue 3, as you might recall, started off as a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign back during E3 2015 and while the prospect of a threequel for Yu Suzuki's beloved series is exciting, there's no denying that Kickstarter projects often leave participants with broken dreams and lighter wallets.
"Deep Silver today announced that their upcoming release Shenmue III has been moved and will now release in 2019".
Hopefully, by the time we see Shenmue 3 again, the game will be in much better shape than we saw previously. That's where Deep Silver has stepped in to publish and provide support.
The $6 million is likely a drop in the bucket when you consider the cost of modern AAA games.
Deep Silver said in a statement that the change in release date was forced upon them in order to make sure that the game was fully "polished" before being unveiled.
The development cycle for Shenmue 3 has been slow going, with the game originally set to launch at the end 2017. Fans have been waiting for well over a decade for this game to finally release, and these delays being thrown on top of that aren't making anything easier.
But even with publisher backing, Shenmue III couldn't afford another delay.
- Battlefield 5 live reveal confirmed for May 23
- School investigates report that teacher drowned raccoons
- Suspect in custody in Dixon High School shooting
- More Children Ending Up In Hospitals For Suicidal Tendencies
- TV Producer Dies After E-Cigarette Explodes, Lodges in His Skull
- Romania's annual inflation in April highest in EU - Eurostat
- Argentina soccer federation's World Cup guide included chapter on meeting Russian women
- Macy's shares jump as sales growth beats estimates
- Facebook's Zuckerberg will explain Cambridge Analytica scandal to EP committee
- Cough up $1bn for using our iPhone designs — Apple to Samsung