T.I. was arrested outside of the gated community where he lives early on Wednesday, according to a statement police gave to an Atlanta TV station. As the Associated Press reports, the rapper was charged with disorderly conduct and public drunkenness around 4:30AM after arguing with a security guard who wouldn't let him into the community after he said he lost his key.
Rapper T.I. got arrested in Georgia after he allegedly got into an altercation with a security guard in his own gated community, but he's implying that racism was at the heart of the arrest. T.I. asked the guard, police told WSB.
Atlanta entertainer T.I. has been arrested in Henry County. The rapper has since bonded out.
"It took Tip some time to wake up the sleeping guard", Sadow wrote.
At some point during the argumentation, T.I. called upon a friend who showed up to the scene. Tip clearly identified himself and sought entry. Tips was in contact with "Tiny" by phone and "Tiny" confirmed that Tip should be let in immediately.
T.I.is adamant that the guard was the aggressor and "antagonized" him. The guard continued to refuse entry without justification.
In a video posted to The Blast, T.I. called the arrest "nonsense", and said he was "inconvenienced". He says the guard eventually called the police, but says the law enforcement near his home are "white cops in a very white area", and he was promptly arrested. "When the police arrived, they were not interested in hearing Tip's side of the story and wrongfully chose to end the situation by arresting Tip".
T.I.is one of the biggest names in hip-hop, with multiple platinum-selling albums and singles, production credits and roles in films like "ATL" and "American Gangster".
- Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) on Focus After Report of Less Shorts
- Facebook's Zuckerberg will explain Cambridge Analytica scandal to EP committee
- Lynn helps Kolkata sink Rajasthan in IPL
- Kent State' graduate's photo with AR-10 goes viral
- Penn State, Pittsburgh to meet in primetime
- Sports betting in New York: Coming soon, or not so fast?
- UFC Fight Night Moscow Set For September
- U.S. sanctions 'possible' on European firms over Iran: Bolton
- Nintendo announces ticket reservation system to play Super Smash Bros
- Trump Jr. says he doesn't recall much of meeting