The Rangers (16-26) activated Beltre from the 10-day disabled list ahead of May 8's game against the Detroit Tigers after he missed two weeks with a left hamstring strain.
Adrian Beltre's return from the disabled list was short-lived after the Texas Rangers star succumbed to another hamstring injury. "And I have. I think if I play more DH I can prolong my career", Beltre said, via the Dallas Morning News' Evan Grant.
The Rangers said the move is retroactive to Monday, and that infielder Hanser Alberto has been purchased from Triple-A Round Rock.
The 39-year-old exited in the seventh inning after recording his third error in five games since being activated. "He should be given some latitude there to be able to have his own way to go".
When he has been healthy enough to be in the lineup, Beltre has been productive, batting.314/.375/.422 with a home run and 12 RBI in 120 plate appearances. He missed 12 games on the DL because of the hamstring.
Infielder Isiah Kiner-Falefa started at third base for Texas on Tuesday and likely will draw the majority of starts there, especially since second baseman Rougned Odor was reinstated from the DL on Friday. There is no doubt that if I want to play more games that maybe DH will be more realistic for me to consider.
- Global Kitchen Ventilation Systems Market by Top Manufacturers/Players and Forecast 2018
- Stephen Piscotty Homers in First At-Bat Since Returning From Bereavement List
- GDP marks first contraction in 9 quarters
- 'Zombieland 2' Might Arrive Next Year Complete with Its Original Cast
- Stock with Surprising Moves in Wall Street: MBIA Inc (MBI)
- Meghan Markle's half-sister claims responsibility for dad's photoshoot set up
- Why Investors remained confident on GGP Inc. (GGP), General Motors Company (GM)?
- Guajardo says NAFTA deal unlikely by Thursday
- Apple Facing Class-Action Lawsuit Over Faulty MacBook Keyboards
- Crown Castle International (CCI) Getting Somewhat Favorable News Coverage, Study Finds