Ambassador Boker was informed of Irish demands for an independent global investigation, led by the United Nations, into yesterday's deaths to take place.
"As well as the death and mass injury, Ireland is also very disturbed by the injuries suffered by health workers as reported by the World Health Organization". Another march took place in Gauteng. At least 2,400 other people were wounded in the bloodiest day in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict since the 2014 Gaza war.
"The situation, particularly the deaths of many dozens of Palestinians, can not but provoke the deepest concern", Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told journalists.
"We oppose violence against civilians".
He says Israeli state officials do not need visas to enter South Africa.
UK Prime Minister Theresa May has urged Israel to show restraint in the Gaza Strip amid the rallies.
An Iranian official charged Tuesday that killing innocent people had become a matter of policy for Israel.
"My request to him was to ask if there was the possibility of considering putting the inauguration of the United States embassy in Jerusalem on hold".
"The killing of peaceful protesters in Gaza is something that requires an global response and that worldwide response can isolate and put pressure on the Israeli regime so that they change their behaviour [or] at the very least to have some restraint in the way in which they deal with the legitimate demands of the Palestinian people", said Cherry.
"Given the indiscriminate [nature] and gravity of the latest Israeli attack, the South African government has taken a decision to recall Ambassador Sisa Ngombane with immediate effect until further notice", Department of International Relations spokesperson Ndivhuwo Mabaya said. "We stand in solidarity with the people of Palestine but words alone are not enough".
The death toll led to strong condemnation from rights groups and concern from a range of countries.
"It is driving the worldwide scene to a kind of security chaos", he added.
The US decision to transfer its Israel embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, while welcomed by Israel, infuriated the Palestinians and was widely criticized by the global community.
- Slavisa Jokanovic has a special word for Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon
- Samsung releases red, gold Galaxy S9s in Korea
- An All-Female "Black Panther" Movie? Ryan Coogler's Down For It.
- Sony Music Buys $185M Stake In 'Peanuts' Brand
- Honor 10 Launched: Everything you need to know
- Eight-Year-Old Girl Indecently Assaulted In Sydney Home Invasion
- Tempers flare between Celtics-Cavaliers after dirty JR Smith foul
- Yogi Aditynath's chopper makes emergency landing in Kasganj, CM safe
- 4 shot dead in attack on Indonesia police; officer killed
- SPDR MSCI EMU ETF (EURO) Plunged 0.16% on May 15