"We would be sitting comfortably with 14 to 16 points". On the other hand, Kings XI Punjab won their first four matches on the bounce and have only won one since. Here are the scenarios for Mumbai Indians, Kings XI Punjab, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Kolkata Knight Riders and Rajasthan Royals. With this win, RCB stay alive in the competition as they give themselves an outside chance of qualifying for the Play offs.
In the 50th match of the Indian Premier League (IPL), desperate Mumbai Indians squad under the captaincy of Rohit Sharma will face inconsistent Kings XI Punjab at the Wankhede Stadium Mumbai in the must-win clash on Wednesday. If they beat Chennai Super Kings in their last game, they are assured a play-off spot.
If Mumbai Indians lose: They are eliminated from the play-off race.
Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) vs Rajasthan Royals (RR), IPL 2018 match will played on May 6, 2018.
Quotes " Go back to the first three or four games of the season that we lost in the last over. In order to seal qualification, they will hope Kings XI Punjab lose to both Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings.
Mumbai Indians have an impressive net run-rate to brag about, but their middle order has been a grain in the shoes as of late. There is still plenty of work to be done, at home against Sunrisers Hyderabad and away against Rajasthan Royals, and we still have no room for error, but you never know. While the things are quite clear for Kings XI Punjab, in order to get to the playoffs they need to win both of the remaining matches while it is not the case with Mumbai Indians who can not be sure of a berth in the playoffs even after winning both of their remaining matches.
Punjab will be relieved by the fact that Aaron Finch returned to form with a 34 & 26 during the loss to Kolkata Knight Riders and RCB, respectively.
"Well, that's one way to meet the challenge of containing the opposing batsmen in the last five overs of their innings: bowl them out in 15 overs!" Interestingly, though, Kings XI have a 4-3 record against MI at their own den - the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
The Ravichandran Ashwin-led side, who started their IPL campaign on a rousing note, faltered in the business end of the league, losing five of their last six games.
- Bank of England deputy 'sorry' for 'menopausal' metaphor
- Everton Sack Sam Allardyce As Manager
- NASA's Mars Cube One takes photo of Earth and Moon
- Couples who divorce to share what they accrued together
- Meghan Markle's dad's role in wedding in question after paparazzi scandal
- Michael Carrick to Join Jose Mourinho Coaching Staff During FA Cup
- It's National Chocolate Chip day!
- Honda Amaze 2018 Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 5.59 Lakh
- On June, 6 Tailored Brands, Inc. (TLRD) EPS Estimated At $0.47
- Gaza hospitals struggle to cope with numbers of wounded protesters