Former Australia cricketer Mark Waugh has hit out at the Board of Control for Cricket in Indian (BCCI) for their reluctance to play a day-night Test during India's tour of Australia, later this year.Earlier, the BCCI had officially informed Cricket Australia that Virat Kohli and Co would not engage in any pink-ball Test during their tour Down Under. Why is the BCCI unconvinced by the day-night format, and why are Indian Cricket Bosses unsure about the day-night format of the Test cricket?
Some also feel that India's refusal to play a day and night Test is because they are scared they might not register a whitewash over Australia, given that the hosts have won all their pink-ball Tests so far and have looked dominant. "So for the greater good of the game, I would have loved to have seen that as a day-night Test", he added.
Waugh sounded amazed at why India does not want to play pink-ball cricket given the amount of skills and talent on offer.
He leaves to join pay-tv company Fox Sports, which along with the free-to-air Seven Network won a bidding war last month for television and digital cricket rights in Australia in a six-year deal worth nearly Aus$1.2 billion (US$918 million).
Looking at the current scenario.
Why the Indian Cricket Team's Tour of Australia is under intense debate? It might be only after that BCCI would consider the move and join teams who have played with the pink ball. Their good records under floodlights might have prompted India to not play with the pink ball against them. However, he believes that Ireland and Afghanistan, who will make their Test debut against India in June, will face a lot of challenges going forward.
India and Bangladesh have not yet played a day-night Test match.
"Their challenge will be to bring some younger players through, because they're a pretty old team", Waugh said.
- Tencent blows past estimates as WeChat, games drive growth
- Government to spend £400m on removing risky tower block cladding
- Google Chrome team rolls back the update that muted many web games
- Mira Rajput Reveals Her Weird Phase
- Manchester United and Liverpool set for new Federation Internationale de Football Association club cup worth £100m
- OPEC Still Cuts More Than Oil Pact Demands
- In Cannes, Spike Lee lambasts Trump over Charlottesville
- Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:HTZ) Buckles Under The Trend Lines
- Karnataka Assembly election results 2018
- Pope Francis 'very worried' over Mideast 'spiral of violence'