The council, chaired by UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin, brings together the European Club Association (ECA), the recently renamed European Leagues (EPFL) and the players' union (FifPro). At the moment it is played every year.
Funding for the new tournament is being put up by a consortium of investors led by Japan's SoftBank and backed by the likes of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
In the report it's added half of the teams involved would be from European football, with the criteria for invitation that the club has won the European Cup on three or more occasions.
The European participants could make between $50 million and $80 million each but while some of the clubs have given the project their blessing, including Real, the same cannot be said of Europe's governing bodies.
Already some clubs have voiced their support.
Madrid's director of institutional relations, Emilio Butragueno, believes fans would prefer the new tournament over the current seven-team format.
Ziegler reports that Infantino, who has already pushed through an expansion of the Fifa World Cup to 48 teams from 2026, is keen to secure an agreement on the Club World Cup before this summer's World Cup kicks off in Russian Federation on 14th June.
Argentine captain, Lionel Messi says winning the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russian Federation is the only way to overcome the heartache of losing the 2014 FIFA World Cup final to Germany. "So they think only they count".
Europe's top domestic competitions, including the English Premier League and Spain's La Liga, have also opposed FIFA's plans.
"FIFA itself has highlighted the worldwide match calendar's congestion and lack of rest periods for players most in demand", Premier League chief executive Richard Scumadore told.
- After Dust Storm In Delhi, MeT Department Issues Fresh Thunderstorm Alert
- Gaza hospitals struggle to cope with numbers of wounded protesters
- (TRI) To Go Ex-Dividend on May 16th
- In Cannes, Spike Lee lambasts Trump over Charlottesville
- Google Chrome team rolls back the update that muted many web games
- SC rejects Karnataka's plea to adjourn hearing in Cauvery water sharing
- Article 35A comes in the way of J&K non-permanent residents appearing…
- Sei Investments Company Increased Apple INC (AAPL) Stake as Shares Declined
- Premier League transfer window will open a month earlier than usual
- Fuel prices hike: Rahul Gandhi accuses Narendra Modi of fooling people