Beginning today, you can apply to participate in a developer preview that allows you to use eight Amazon Polly US English voices for utterances in your Alexa skills for free. The text-to-speech service today is capable of things like whispering, speech marks, using a timbre effect, and dynamic range compression - all which make the voices sound more natural. It will give skills more varied personalities, which should lead to a richer experience - or at least that's the idea.
This could include using multiple voices for different characters in a game, or simply having a voice other than the standard Alexa tone. Chiefly, it's the text-to-speech service which helps create the scripts for Alexa skills.
An Alexa app, pre-installed on the computer will let the users call up the assistant and see any information like weather forecasts, music albums and more on display. Those who are not chosen for the preview will still receive information on using Amazon Polly voices in Alexa skills when it is available. "You can even use an Amazon Polly voice for every utterance in your skill if you like".
To use an Amazon Polly voice instead, developers would use Structured Speech Markup Language (SSML) and then specify which voice they want with the "voice name" tag.
- Lachlan Murdoch to be Chairman/CEO at 'New Fox'
- Argentina soccer federation's World Cup guide included chapter on meeting Russian women
- Thandie Newton honors Black Star Wars characters with 'Solo' premiere dress
- BATMAN's ALFRED PENNYWORTH Gets His Own TV Series
- Total unable to continue the South Pars 11 project in Iran
- TV Producer Dies After E-Cigarette Explodes, Lodges in His Skull
- Romania's annual inflation in April highest in EU - Eurostat
- Battlefield 5 live reveal confirmed for May 23
- Macy's shares jump as sales growth beats estimates
- Shenmue III is coming in 2019 now, as if we're shocked